Eating out is something many people enjoy as a social event or sometimes to take a break from cooking and cleaning! There are some choices you can make at a restaurant to ensure that your meal is healthier and is not full of additives, preservatives, and MSG. Choosing finer dining is definitely the way to go as opposed to fast food. Most fast food restaurants use a lot of artificial ingredients. Check around in your local area for restaurants that make their food in-house, from scratch, and have a real chef cooking in the kitchen.
Make healthier choices when at a restaurant such as:
- Pass on having the bread basket - order a fresh salad when you first sit down instead!
- Bring your own sea salt for seasoning
- Bring your own stevia to sweeten your beverages
- Ask for extra vegetables instead of potatoes or pasta
- Ask for grilled foods instead of fried
- Pass on fried and breaded dishes
- Ask for brown or wild rice instead of white rice
- Ask for all sauces and dressings on the side
- Use vinegar, olive oil and lemon juice as salad dressing instead of heavy dressings
- Ask for nuts on your salad instead of croutons
- Get sandwiches with romaine instead of a bun
- Pass on desserts other than maybe some fruit with cream